Jikeleza Lodge Health Protocols
Our responsibilities and actions:
- Bathrooms, Kitchens, and communal areas are sanitised
- Sanitiser will be supplied for hands, on entering the Backpackers.
- Disinfectant water and cloths will be supplied in Kitchens and Bathrooms to wipe down surfaces.
- All staff are instructed to wash their hands for a minimum of 20 seconds and to sanitise their hands regularly.
- All staff have been instructed to cough into the fold of their elbow or in a tissue which must be discarded in a waste bin, and then wash their hands immediately afterward as set out above.
- Staff have been instructed to ensure that social distancing of at least 1 meter away from another person is practiced.
- Preparation of meals and mealtimes may be staggered to ensure safety.
- All staff have been trained on hygiene and Covid-19 spread protection as well as the latest OHS protocols.
- Check out and Check-In:
- Checkout will be no later than 10h00. If checking out later a further full day will be charged for.
- Check-in will be no earlier than 15h00.
- This is to allow the rooms to be deep cleaned.
- Exceptions will be considered where the room has been open for 24 hours and has already been cleaned.
- All laundry will be washed with high-quality soap and will include a disinfectant.
- All hand soap and dish wash will include a disinfectant.
- All rooms will be deep cleaned and sanitised prior to occupation.
Responsibilities of our guests
- All guests should wipe down surfaces in bathrooms and kitchen after use. Disinfectant water and cloths will be supplied.
- All utensils used should be washed by the guest who uses them.
- All guests should wash their hands for a minimum of 20 seconds and sanitise their hands regularly.
- All guests must cough into the fold of their elbow or in a tissue which must be discarded in a waste bin.
- Social distancing of 1 meter is to be applied when dealing with staff and other guests.
- Preparation of meals and mealtimes maybe staggered to ensure safety.
- Visitors will not be allowed - Only guests staying.
- All guests must sign a declaration that they are not infected with Covid-19 or any other transferable disease and that they indemnify Jikeleza against any claim if they contract a disease. This can be done prior to arrival and either sent to us or handed in on arrival.
- Guests can help with paperless check-in by supplying us with the following information prior to checking in:
- First and Family Name.
- ID/Passport Number.
- Contact email.
- Contact mobile number.
- Send Indemnity form electronically.
- Guests can assist by paying for their accommodation in full prior to arrival via the following options:
- Offline credit card payment. Sorry, we cannot process debit cards offline.
- Cash deposit.
The health and safety of our guests and our staff is our primary concern. We have trained our staff and set in place protocols in line with the World Health Organisation and leading Tourism Authorities. We have also educated our staff in health and wellness to help them build their immune systems to assist in safeguarding our environments and behaviours. We have also relaxed our booking terms and cancellation penalties to give you peace of mind. We have included all preventative & supportive measures, and these are set out below: